Mental wellbeing doesn’t have one set meaning. We might use it to talk about how we feel, how well we’re coping with daily life or what feels possible at the moment.
Good mental wellbeing doesn’t mean you’re always happy or unaffected by your experiences. But poor mental wellbeing can make it more difficult to cope with daily life.
Below are some useful websites and guidance to help support good Mental Health and Wellbeing during the current pandemic and in the future.
COVID-19 related support
Domestic violence support
- Refuge Helpline – The freephone 24-hour national domestic abuse helpline run by Refuge offers support for women – 0808 2000 247.
- Respect Men’s Advice Line– The free Respect Men’s Advice Line offers support for men – 0808 801 0327.
- Galop – Galop’s free National LGBTQ+ Domestic Abuse Helpline offers support for LGBTQ+ people – 0800 999 5428.
- Respect Phoneline – The free Respect Phoneline offers support for men and women who are harming their partners and families – 0808 802 4040.
Alternatively, here are some helplines for you to speak to a professional who will be able to support you and your wellbeing.
- Mental Health Crisis: 0800 0516171
- Anxiety UK: 0344 775 774 (Mon-Fri)
- Samaritans: 24 hour helpline 116 123 https://www.samaritans.org/?scrlybrkr=28ad3ad3
- NHS Volunteer Service- ‘Check in and chat’ if feeling isolated and suffering with your mental health, 0808 196 3646 (8am-8pm)
- Silvercloud: A free 8 week online course to help you manage stress, anxiety and depression at your own pace using cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Men Health Forum: 24/7 stress support for men. Text chat and email. https://www.menshealthforum.org.uk/
distrACT- quick, discreet access to info and advice about self-harm and suicidal thoughts.
Cove- Uses music to express emotions
Chill panda- uses breathing techniques
Calm Halm- Free, reduces urges to self harm, helps to manage emotions in a more positive way.
Remember if you are struggling, you are not alone. Please reach out and speak to somebody who you trust.