Our Vision for PE and Sport
At St Gabriel’s, physical activity and sport are central to our educational ethos. We believe that children who are active and healthy are more likely to be well-motivated, happy children. We aim to deliver a balanced program offering a variety of activities to enhance skills in physical education. Our PE and sport aspires to build self-esteem, teamwork and leadership skills enabling each child to be the best they can be.
We aim to:
– Develop confidence, skills and knowledge.
– Pursue excellence.
– Be proud of our achievements.
– Promote fair play and respect.
– Educate children to improve health and wellbeing.
– Provide quality opportunities for children within and outside of school time.
– Have fun.
1) Healthy Active Lifestyles
We have Healthy Eating sessions delivered by a qualified, experienced Teacher. Increasing the activity of the children in school, during school hours and in after school clubs. Sports Leaders have been selected from Y5 to assist with delivering sports activities to children in school during break times. The children wear their Sports Leaders bibs and caps with pride and have recently completed their Sports Leaders Training.
2) Competitive School Sport
School Competitions and Extended School Clubs help prepare the children for competitions. Our recent competitions have included Hockey, Football and Cross Country.
Our children have been enjoying working with Danny Fowler and his coaches. They work across all year groups and support the children to develop fundamental skills, provide enrichment opportunities and help to raise academic standards with all our pupils.
3) Physical Education
This includes education through physical activity, to improve the skills of teachers through their Continuing Professional Development and inviting trained, experienced coaches to work with the children.
Please click on the link below to find out more information regarding the Sports Premium.
Please find our PE and Sports Premium funding report below
- St Gabriel's Primary Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE & Sport Premium 20-21.pdf pdf251.7 KbNov 12th, 2020
- PE& Sports Premium 2020-2021.pdf pdf384.9 KbOct 14th, 2020
- PE and Sports Premium 18-19.pdf pdf1.6 MbSep 18th, 2020
- PE & Sports Premium 19-20.pdf pdf1.2 MbSep 18th, 2020
- Physical Activity Policy.pdf pdf696.5 KbOct 10th, 2019